PRECISION LAMB CREEP FEED PELLETS / PRESISIE LAMKRUIPKORRELS
Creep feed has become an integral part of both intensive and extensive slaughter lamb production systems due to the following reasons:
- In intensive systems, early weaning is essential and creep feed should be provided to lambs for ( e.g.) 56 days to facilitate weaning. Even in extensive systems lambs can be weaned earlier if creep feed is provided so that the ewe has a longer period to recover before the next breeding season. In drought conditions it is also advisable to wean ewes earlier.
- In both intensive and extensive systems, creep feeding facilitates adaptation of lambs in the feedlot.
Sernick Precision Lamb Creep Feed Pellets are specially formulated to stimulate rumen development and have a high natural protein content to meet the needs of the lamb. In addition, the product contains a coccidiostat that prevents coccidiosis in young lambs.
The biggest challenge in providing creep feed is to teach the lambs to eat it at a young age. For this purpose, Sernick Precision Lamb Creep Feed Pellets are formulated with tasty raw materials and the pellet size is also optimal. However, it is also important for the producer to pay attention to the following in order to stimulate creep feed intake:
- Start supplying creep feed ad lib after ewes and lambs come out of the lamb pens
- Place creep feed close to the ewes’ feed and water
- Use an adjustable opening to allow free access to creep feed
- Ensure that fresh feed is provided daily and remove old feed daily
Lambs can be weaned if the group of lambs consumes an average of 250 grams of creep feed per lamb per day.
|NUTRIENT||PRECISION LAMB CREEP FEED PELLETS (Registration Nr: V31526)||UNIT|
|Crude protein (max)||160||g/kg|
|Protein ex NPN (max)||–||%|
|Raw Fibre (max)||150||g/kg|
|ME (Ruminants) (min)||–||MJ/kg|